Flight Attendant Requirements
Next Class Begins Sept. 10th– Apply Now For Free!
There are many words that describe flight attendants: adventurous, personable, outgoing, resourceful, and adaptable. Of course these traits alone do not make a flight attendant. Learning how to become a flight attendant is a serious undertaking. There are also many flight attendant requirements to consider.
Flight Attendant Requirements
Generally speaking, flight attendants must have/be:
- NO VISIBLE TATTOOS
- 4’11″-6’4” tall- These numbers are based on various airline requirements.
- Excellent overall health
- Five senses- hearing/sight/touch/smell/taste
- Weight and height proportionate
- An overall pleasing and well groomed appearance
- Vision that is correctable by contacts or glasses
- No facial piercing or gauges- 1 earring per ear (lobe only)
- At least 19 years old*
* We also help many 18-year-olds start cruise, airport, and other travel industry positions. This work experience and our Free Lifetime Placement Assistance help people become flight attendants once they turn 19.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED- Any additional education is a plus!
- Customer service experience – At least 2 years is preferable and in some cases required.
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, listening, and speaking)- Bilingual people must read, write, understand, and speak English and an additional language fluently. Second language proficiency will be tested.
- A United States citizen- When applying to a US-based airline, applicants must have full legal ability to work in the US and be able to exit and reenter US without incident.
- Identification- This includes a valid passport, social security card, and/or government issued picture ID
- A clean background- Flight attendants may not have any felony convictions, DUI convictions within the last 10 years. They must also pass an FBI background check.
EACH AIRLINE HAS ITS OWN SPECIFIC APPEARANCE STANDARDS.
It is also important to for aspiring flight attendants to consider their flexibility concerning relocation, time away from home, working closely with the public, and getting physical.
The Travel Academy’s flight attendant school will help you get hired based on these requirements. Also, our lifetime placement assistance will help you move forward in your career as you gain experience!
Before The Travel Academy, I felt stuck and unfulfilled, but I followed my heart and attended The Travel Academy. TTA has made my dreams a reality. The instructors pushed and encouraged me- at the same time and they gave me the confidence and courage to soar in to the next chapter of my life. I'm so excited that I received a job offer from...my first choice! I'm ready to tackle the training and experience the time of my life! I'm so happy that I decided to attend The Travel Academy. The instructors and staff really care about you. I felt their compassion every step of the way. I've made great friends who encouraged and inspired me during the beginning of my journey and I can't wait to see all of them...!