The Travel Academy is happy to welcome international students from all over the world. People come from all over the globe to train at the nation’s premier travel career training center.

Our graduates start careers as flight attendants, cruise professionals, and travel agents and have the opportunity to explore the world!


In order for international students to be considered for admission to our school and receive a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status”, they must:

1- Apply to The Travel Academy (SEVP-Certified School).

a. Review the Study in the States (M-1 Student) website and contact the Admissions Department at +1952.854.7161 or for assistance with the admissions process.

2- Complete a minimum of one video conference with an Admission Recruiter.

3- Submit a photocopy of non-expired passport (valid for at least 6 months from start of program)

4- Have no visible tattoos (Flight Attendant/Cruise Line Focus Only):
a. fingers, hands, wrists, face, neck, or behind the ear
b. Some airlines/cruise ships do not allow any tattoos or may include entire length of arm without tattoos

5- Complete assessment of criminal background

a. Felonies

i. No record of any felonies

b. Misdemeanors

i. No record of assault, battery, or domestic violence

ii. Must be more than 3 years old

6- Not be prescribed medication(s) or taking illegal substances that could impair judgement and affect ability to perform in emergency situations.

7- Review and submit Prospective Employer Job Performance form.

8- Submit high school transcript to World Education Services (WES) if attended high school outside of the United States.

9- Schedule and complete a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) if English is not primary language. A minimum of an 75 must be achieved in order to be accepted. International applicants whose first language is English from the following English-speaking countries will be exempted from English proficiency testing. Check this list of exempted countries.

10- Submit a Financial Responsibility Statement and required documents demonstrating financial stability while attending the program.

11- Purchase medical insurance through International Student Insurance (minimum of 2-million-dollar policy covering all days physically present in the United States) and submit a copy to Student Services along with Medical Insurance Acknowledgement Form.

12- Sign Enrollment Agreement.

13) Remit payment for all tuition and fees. If housing is needed, housing can be attained through Student Housing Services LLC.

When Admission Requirements are met your student information will be recorded in the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) system and you will be mailed a Form I-20, “Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status.” Now it’s time to get your M-1 Visa!