Travel Agency & Reservations Systems
The Travel Academy’s Travel Agency & Reservations Systems Program prepares you to start a travel agent career in just four weeks! You will immerse yourself in the life of a travel agent and get training from experts with decades of experience. You will learn the subtleties of this career that you simply cannot get from an online course, so you can rise above the competition. Also, with The Travel Academy’s industry connections, you will be just a referral away from some of the nation’s top travel agencies! You will also have the ongoing support of our Career Services!
Perks of Being a Travel Agent
• Familiarization (Fam) Trips– Many agencies send their agents on paid trips so agents are more knowledgeable in the travel packages they will be selling!
• Set Your Own Hours– Many travel agents have the freedom to make their own schedule.
• Work From Home– Many travel agents can work right out of their own home.
• Stability AND Adventure– Travel agents have predictable schedules while also enjoying adventure!
• Earning Potential– Many commission structures allow travel agents to make a lot of money!
• Satisfaction of Helping People– Travel agents do more than just book trips. They help turn travel dreams into lifelong memories!
What You'll Learn
RESERVATION SYSTEMS (Sabre– the most widely-used reservation system in the U.S.!)
- Airline and travel concepts
- Domestic and International Travel Requirements
- Selling and booking travel plans
- Consultative travel skills
- Satisfying client travel needs
- Excisions and how to present them
- Hands on access to reservation systems (SABRE)
LANDING A JOB
- Creating a polished and engaging travel agent résumé and cover letter
- Navigating employment websites
- Online applications
- Interviewing skills- including video and phone
SKILLS FOR ADVANCEMENT
- Time management and organization
- Goal setting
- Promotion and career advancement
- Taxes and benefits
TRAVEL AGENT CUSTOMER RELATIONS
- Questioning techniques
- Listening techniques
- Conversation dynamics and management