Travel Agency & Reservations Systems
4-Week Class Starts February 18!
The Travel Academy’s Travel Agency & Reservations Systems Program prepares you to start a travel agent career in just four weeks! You will immerse yourself in the life of a travel agent and get hands-on training from experts with decades of experience. You will learn the subtleties of this career that you simply cannot get from an online course, so you can rise above the competition. Also, with The Travel Academy’s industry connections, you will be just a referral away from some of the nation’s top travel agencies! You will also have the ongoing support of our Career Services!
Perks of Being a Travel Agent
• Familiarization (Fam) Trips– Many agencies send their agents on paid trips so agents are more knowledgeable in the travel packages they will be selling!
• Set Your Own Hours– Many travel agents have the freedom to make their own schedule.
• Work From Home– Many travel agents can work right out of their own home.
• Stability AND Adventure– Travel agents have predictable schedules while also enjoying adventure!
• Earning Potential– Many commission structures allow travel agents to make a lot of money!
• Satisfaction of Helping People– Travel agents do more than just book trips. They help turn travel dreams into lifelong memories!
What You'll Learn
RESERVATION SYSTEMS (Sabre– the most widely-used reservation system in the U.S.!)
• Airline and travel concepts
• Selling and booking travel plans
• Expressing travel knowledge to potential travelers
• Satisfying client travel needs
• Computer reservation systems (SABRE)
• Creating polished and engaging résumés and cover letters
• Navigating employment websites
• Online applications
• Interviewing skills- including video and phone
• Time management and organization
• Goal setting
• Promotion and career advancement
• Taxes and benefits
• Questioning techniques
• Listening techniques
• Conversation dynamics and management