Need a Passport?
If you plan on working in the travel industry it is highly recommended that you have a passport.
- A certified birth certificate with a registrar’s raised, embossed, impressed, or multicolored seal; registrar’s signature; and the date the certificate was filed with the registrar’s office, which must be within 1 year of your birth. Please note, some short (abstract) versions of birth certificates may not be acceptable for passport purposes.
- 2 identical passport photos approximately 2×2 inches can be taken at your local drugstores, post offices, DMVs, and other locations. You must have your pictures before you can submit the passport application.
- Print and fill out the DS-11 form in BLACK INK ONLY, but DO NOT sign it until you are told by the acceptance facility or the passport agency.
- You must be able to present a source of primary identification that contains a photo, such as: previously issued passport, Naturalization certificate, valid driver’s license, Current government ID, or a current military ID
- You must have a photo copy of both the front and back of your primary identification to submit with your application
- Pay passport fees: NOT ALL Acceptance Facilities will accept credit or debit cards. Be sure to investigate what form of payment is accepted at your local facility. You can find the closest facilities to you below.
* Always call to verify that your preferred form of payment is accepted.
Check out www.travel.state.gov for more information.