Thank you, veterans and families for your service!
The Travel Academy is proud to be approved by the Minnesota State Approving Agency for Veterans’ education benefits. We have helped many people put their VA education benefits to excellent use and start new careers. There are so many jobs for veterans available in the travel industry, and we are committed to helping in any way we can. Below is a list of frequently asked questions about VA benefits and how they apply to The Travel Academy.
1. What program do I qualify for?
The Travel Academy’s Travel and Customer Relations Program is approved by the Minnesota State Approving Agency for use with the GI-Bill®. Certain chapters may qualify for 100% tuition and a housing stipend.
2. Can I stay in student housing?
Yes, you can! Your benefits may include a housing stipend. Stipends are determined on a case-by-case basis. $1000 is due before your class starts. The remaining balance is due when you receive your first housing stipend.
3. Whom can I contact with questions about GI Bill ® education benefits?
Click to read more about the GI Bill ®, who can use it, and what is covered- or call 1-888-GI-BILL (1-888-442-4551). You can also reference our convenient Veterans Benefits Table. Please note that this table is meant only as a guide and is not definitive for determining benefits.
4. What is the cost of tuition?
Total Tuition– $6,900
Enrollment Fee– $300
Remaining Tuition– $6,600
* The total enrollment includes, books, tests, and instruction. Student housing is an additional cost.
5. How do I apply for the GI Bill ®?
- Follow this link to apply to for VA education benefits.
- Apply online and be sure your application is submitted and your get a confirmation stamp (to verify it has been submitted, when you print a copy, you will see a confirmation stamp at the bottom of the page).
- If you have already applied online and have a certificate of eligibility please make a copy and forward it to our office.
- Fill out, sign, and return our Veteran’s Enrollment Certificate (click under “Available Downloads” on the left side of the screen).
* Please be aware that it takes on average 6-10 weeks for the VA to process your application and verify the benefits you qualify for.
6. What are my next steps after enrolling and applying for GI Bill ® benefits?
After enrolling at The Travel Academy and applying for GI Bill ® benefits, you should check the status of your application often. To check the status, log in to your account where you originally applied for GI Bill ® benefits.
Here are some helpful links for veterans and their families.
- Post 911 GI Bill ® (Chapter 33)
- REAP (Reserve Educational Assistance Program – Chapter 1607)
- VEAP (Veterans Educational Assistance Program – Chapter 32)
- DEA (Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program – Chapter 35)
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Chapter 31)
“GI Bill ®” is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.